1. What are the main categories of special needs?
There are four main areas of special needs:
- Developmental: Autism, Down syndrome, Angelman’s syndrome, et al.)
- Cognitive: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lou Gehrig’s (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, et al.
- Physical: Birth defect, spinal cord injury, loss of limbs, blind, deaf, et al.
- Mental Illness: Bipolar, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Schizophrenia, et al.
2. How should I contact you if I need additional information on special needs?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 48 hours.
3. What resources are available to help me learn more about people and families with special needs?
In addition to the member site’s articles, there are a number of informational pieces and other tools at the site’s Directory.
4. What should I do if I am having difficulty with a client who has a family member with special needs?
- Send an email to email@example.com and we will respond within 48 hours.
- or Call one of our Protected Tomorrows staff members at 866-544-6333.